Experience an array of silicone-based personal lubricants, safe to use with all kinds of condoms. Long-lasting and silky smooth, our silicone sex lubes do not get sticky or dry out as quickly as most water-based formulas. They are engineered to provide long-lasting lubrication for an enhanced sexual experience.
High-quality, safe options with silk-like, soft textures may include added ingredients such as Aloe Vera or Vitamin E. These help leave skin feeling soft and repaired. Browse our varied selection of the best and most popular options with relaxing, warming and stimulating effects.
Shop online to find your ideal sex lube that will match your endurance and strength.
What are Silicone-Based Lubes?
Silicone-based lubricants do not contain any water. They offer a different feel from water-based personal lubricants. Silicone-based lubricants are not absorbed by skin or mucous membranes and consequently last longer than water-based lubricants. Many different silicone lubricants are commercially available, with varying quality and performance.
Silicone-based lubricants are not usually recommended for use with sex toys or other products that are made from silicone because the formula may dissolve the surface, making it sticky to the touch, and cause disintegration of the item over time. This damage may create a breeding ground for bacteria. In most cases, a warning is listed on the product label. Silicone-based lubricant is also used in the manufacture of pre-lubricated condoms, due to its long-lasting properties and superior latex compatibility. (Wikipedia)
These lubricants with smooth textures are great for those who want a long-lasting personal lubricant that does not cause vaginal irritation and is condom-compatible. They do not have pH or osmolality issues because silicone lubes don't require preservatives or other irritating ingredients. When compared to water-based lubes, they are known to be more slippery, which makes penetrative sex more comfortable and fun.
Benefits of Lubrication for Sex and Personal Intimacy
Lube reduces friction during intercourse and is perfect for those who have trouble with natural lubrication. It lessens the risk of injury by providing a smooth-glide experience.
- Enhanced Sensations: Different types of lubes are designed to provide varied sensations and enhance pleasure during sexual activity. For instance, warming lubricants are used by many for intimate massages and can help with discomfort during intimacy.
- Better Sex: Many people don't have sufficient quantities of their own natural lubricant. By adding a silicone-based, condom-friendly lube into a sex routine, sexual activities may become more pleasurable, with minimum risk of irritation and additional positive health effects.
- Long-Lasting: While some light-weighted formulas of water-based products might provide an extra kick, they often contain glycerin and can dry quickly. Silicone-based lubricants, however, are designed to last longer and not wipe away during play.
- Waterproof: Silicone-based lubes usually have waterproof qualities. They do not get absorbed by the skin or dry up as quickly as other types of lubricants. Even though a silicone-based lube tends to lasts longer, it also requires after-care to be removed completely.
- Body Safe: Personal lubrication products made from silicone-based compounds aren't absorbed by the skin and are considered body-safe. Unlike many water-based options, silicone-based products typically don't contain sugar or glycerin that can cause yeast infections.
How to Use Personal Lubricant Effectively
Lubricant can be used for both sex and masturbation. There is no 'right' way to use lubricant - just apply as much as you want wherever you need it. When making a purchase, check the ingredients. Only certain silicone lubricants are safe to be ingested in small quantities.
Remember, it's always good to start slow. First, choose the type of lube that'll offer the right kind of lubricating experience for you and your partner. Keep in mind that rectal tissue is usually more delicate that vaginal tissue. That said, it's recommended to use long-lasting formulas during anal intercourse.
After placing a bit of lube on the fingers, genitalia or toys, gently massage it into the skin. Don't hesitate to add more lubricant if needed. This can lessen the risk of irritation, ease discomfort during intimacy and prevent negative impact from friction. People with sensitive skin may want to try a bit of lube first to guarantee they don't have an allergic reaction.
Types of Lube: Silicone & Water-Based Lubricants vs. Oil-Based Lubes
While all personal lubes are intended to enhance pleasure and decrease discomfort during sexual activities, they are not all equal in qualities.
For long-lasting lubrication, silicone lubes are considered a perfect choice. They are condom-friendly, slippery, ideal for long sessions, shower sex, sensual massage and require less lube to be applied. However, silicone compounds can damage silicone sex toys' rubber over time.
Water-based lubes might be the right choice for those who are seeking light-weighted textures. Most of them can be used during foreplay, penetrative sex and masturbation. But, since it washes away easily, water lubricant is not a good choice for shower sex.
An oil-based lubricant is more slippery compared to water-based products. Many find them good for masturbation, water-play, and penetrative sex. Oil lubricants and other oil-based products should not be used with latex condoms as they can cause them to break.
Silicone-Based Lubes FAQs
Shop at Romantix
While we offer a wide range of silicone-based personal lubricants, great for vaginal and anal sex and condom safe. We also carry a varied selection of water based lubes, flavored, edible and compatible with silicone toys. Our collection of natural lubes feature body-safe, glycerin paraben-free formulas for any type of sex.
Shop for your ideal adult toys, personal lubricants and condoms online and enjoy discreet shipping!